I’ve been craving sweets lately and came across a recipe for banana muffins. They sounded amazing! We needed to get some bananas anyway (my fiancé buys a ton, lets them get ripe, then peels/freezes them for smoothies). I decided to try this recipe and they are AMAZING. I just had to share it with you all!
After I made these, I was letting them cool in the kitchen and went upstairs to relax. I heard my fiancé come in and yell “OMG THESE MUFFINS ARE AMAZING!”. I’m hoping you all think these are amazing too!
Super Easy Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 360 degrees, and prepare a muffin tin by either lining or lightly greasing it with non-stick spray (I used non-stick spray since I had no liners).
- In a large bowl, blend the bananas. Add in the oil and sugar and then cream them all together.
- In a separate bowl, combine together the flour, salt, and baking soda until well mixed. Combine this flour mixture with the banana mixture, stirring gently just to combine (don't use blender -- use spoon/spatula).
- Gently mix in the chocolate chips.
- Next, spoon the batter into your lightly greased or lined muffin tin. Fill each muffin about 2/3 full with the prepared batter.
- Bake your banana muffins in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.