We are vegan and I love finding new recipes to try. We were in the mood for some chocolate chip cookies one day and I searched for a recipe and came across one from Vegan Housewives. I LOVE baking and naturally wanted to try these and see if it could become our go to cookie recipe. So I decided to try it and I’ve modified it just a little and they have become our favorite dessert around here!
I usually have a batch made and available for dessert (or snacks because they are yummy anytime) all the time. I actually just made some for a LuLaRoe pop up I did this weekend! Also, because this recipe has no raw eggs, you can egg it RAW! One of our favorite ways to eat it as well! Hope you try this recipe and do let us know what you think!
The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup milk alternative - I've used cashew milk & soy milk and both work well
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cream together liquid coconut oil & brown sugar, then add the milk alternative & vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Combine the wet & dry ingredients, then fold in the chocolate morsels.
- Roll into Tbsp sized balls & place them on an ungreased cookie sheet, then flatten them out with your palm/fingers.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes (11 minutes worked best for me).